Sunday, January 8, 2012

Real Men Knit


Robert took this depressing picture. Jude wanted to play with beads, but kept eating them so Gooma removed him from the situation. This is often how he looks withOUT Gooma...






Real men knit. Yeah, they do. Big deal? In other news, Easten was recently talking about something and said "it's not like we are just sitting around and knitting" then realized that I recently learned the craft and quickly changed it to "but not the cool kind"

Nice save. 
Not. 






It turns out, however, that a man knitting is just a different style. First he sharpens the needle with his gums of steel. 






Once the weapon is fully fashioned, it is on to the knitting SLASH STABBING. How masculine. 






The point. It's one of Jude's favorite things to do in the world. Also, the following "being carried to wherever he is pointing" is a favorite. 







Hiii, this is why Jude gets what he wants. It really is an evil eye at its finest I would say. At least he inherited something from his mom...


5 comments:

  1. Maybe Robert could teach Jude to do hiya with his knitting needle. It looks perfect for it. I will totally carry Jude wherever he wants to go, like straight for a can of Reddi Whip. He will never give me the evil eye...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm NOT leaving a comment until Emma honors her commitment to change the lying, liar caption on the first picture! Jude most decidedly does not cry whenever he's with Gooma.

    Now, I'm going to make some tearwater tea...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, someone still has not honored her commitment regarding the comment about Gooma, so someone else is still not leaving a comment...other than this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray! I and Jude feel much better!!!!!!

    The last photo represents not what Jude inherited from his mother, but how he felt about what his mother said about Gooma. He was threatening her with his evil eye. And it takes a LOT for Jude to morph his charming eyes into evil eyes.

    Now I can say that the picture of Jude crying is breaking my heart--every time I look at it, it breaks my heart anew.

    But then I look at his pointing picture and my heart is stitched right up! I'm not sure that Jude and SLASH STABBING go together. When I think SLASH STABBING, I think Marin...and then Samwise. Isn't that odd?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Jude's one arm reach/ take-me-there point! He knows how to get where he wants to go!

    ReplyDelete