Monday, August 22, 2011

Food. Face.

Listen, I remember back in the day when Marin (Jude's cousin) would make a food face. This was a face that he made in order to make it clear that he would not eat, not even one bite, and that was the end of the story. Jude has a different food face. Also, food breasts and a food belly. I like to think that it looks worse than it was because he is so white that the prunes really stand out on his skin. You can decide for yourself.




What's the big deal? Just grabbing a measuring cup, no different than any other time that he's naked and covered in mashed prunes, sitting in a bumbo (or bimbo chair as Jillian might say) chair.




The truth is, I'm not the worst Mom in the world. It's just that by six months old, Jude feels like he is old enough to feed himself and I just think that children are coddled too much when they are young and that Jude can have his independence. So he fed himself. He might not get enough food, but at least he's happy, right?




Jude and I agree: This just isn't a big deal- so get the camera out of my face.




Look how proud he is, how can you deny that little Judebug anything? ...Especially a bath.

4 comments:

  1. I must say I LOVE your posts of this adorable little boy :) Seems like you guys are having so much fun together and looking forward to seeing more of him on this blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Jude's food breasts are my favorite. At least I avoided that one with Marin's eating habits (or lack thereof). Please tell me that one of the times you fed him naked in the Bumbo chair that he pooped. That would be too perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jude is NOT eating! He's having a detoxifying, hydrating, exfoliating prune scrub. They do it at all the best spas. As you can see, it's relaxing, invigorating, bleaching, confusing, and slightly demonizing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the bimbo chair! I don't think Jude would stay in that chair now that he's crawling. I think he would just flip on his tummy and go, with the bumbo chair still stuck to his bum. Anything to avoid a sit-down meal.

    ReplyDelete